Monday, May 27, 2002

Happy Memorial Day!
It was a great day today. There aren't too many things better than a military serviceman being able to spend a Memorial Day with his or her family. After being gone for all of last year to Korea is was wonderful to spend the day with the family. The weather was warm (mid 80s) and a little humid with a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Perfect. Matthew spent some time this afternoon working on the neighbor's yard. He sure is getting good at doing yard work. He earned $10 today for about 2 hours work. Not bad for a 10 year old. Better than minimum wage! Bethany worked hard on her room and the house cleaning inside and out. Marilyn and I are trying to get the house in shape for Dad's visit on Wednesday. He will be coming on Wednesday and staying through Sunday. He hasn't visited in almost 7 years. We hope he likes it. Well, after a wonderful day off today it is back to work again tomorrow.

My Bible verse for Memorial Day: Exodus 15:1-3

(1) Then Moses and the sons of Israel sang this song to the Lord and said,
I will sing to the Lord for He is highly exalted;
The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea.
(2) The Lord is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
This is my God, and I will praise Him.
(3) The Lord is a warrior;
The Lord is His name.

No comments: