Wednesday, July 24, 2002

Overextended Again
I have decided to bite off another chunk of my free time and teach a World Regional Geography class at Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, Illinois. I have been going to school forever and it is about time I put all my degrees (read knowledge) to work for me. It is a pretty good part-time job, and it will give me some much needed teaching experience and opportunity to share Christ with some college students that otherwise might not hear the good news, but at the same time it represents another opportunity to lose more family time as I try to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

My growing up is coming quickly as I begin to think about retirement from the US Air Force sometime in the next few months. It will be weird to have the umbilical cord severed from Uncle Sam after 20+ years of not having to worry about missing a paycheck, or what clothes to wear to work (those decisions are all taken care of for you in the military). But I am looking forward to having a little more creativity in my life and "letting my hair down" for once.

Daily Bible Reading
2 Chronicles 30-33
Psalm 149
2 Thessalonians 3
Luke 12

Bible Verse of the Day
Proverbs 24:5-- A wise man is strong, and a man of knowledge increases power

No comments: