Friday, January 16, 2004

A Great Winter Day

Winter hasn't been too bad here in Southern Illinoins this year. Today the weather is warm (currently 46 degrees) and cloudy and we hava only had one snowstorm and a week of really cold weather so far. I went for a work out at the O'Fallon YMCA and ran into Craig Virgin. He was a long distance runner (10K and 5K I think) on the 1980 and 1984 Olympic Teams. He was one of the unfortunate people to be on the 1980 Olympic Team during the Moscow Olympics that we boycotted because of the war in Afghanistan. Kind of a strange turn of events that we are involved there now and now the Russians. But, 911 changed everything.

Anyhow Craig seems like a pretty nice guy and is one of the pillars of the town of Lebanon. He spent quyite a bit of time in Los Angeles for the 1984 Olympics, so we chatted about home for a while. Brought back some great memories.

My workout was pretty good and I need to make a commitment to continue to treat myself right. I have gained too much weight over the last few years and gotten completely out of shape. I need to begin treating my body again like the Temple of God that it is.

No comments: