Saturday, April 02, 2005

The 2005 Final Four

I am so excited! I got a phone call late last night from four of my McKendree College students. The phone call went something like this,

"Hey Rick, can you guess where we are?"

"I'll bet you are at the Spring Conference." (The Illinois Baptist State Conference is this weekend)

"Nope, we're on the Metro coming back from downtown St Louis. We were at the Final Four celebration talking to people on the streets about Jesus."

"Praise God!"

The conversation went on for a few more minutes, but needless to say I was impressed. My students are so bold in their faith and willing to talk to anyone about Jesus. My memories of the 2005 Final Four will be those four students in the finals of life doing something that will last for eternity. I am truly honored and awestruck to work with such dynamic young Christians.

No comments: