Sunday, May 08, 2005

New SBC Emerging Leader Blog

Charles Campbell from the Illinois Baptist State Association (IBSA) showed us a new blog that gives emerging church leaders a voice. The blog is called emerging and is located here. Link. It is written by Steve McCoy, a SBC emerging church pastor in northern Illinois, and at first glance it looks like a great place to start building community among emerging church pastors and others that minister to the emerging community. I plan to keep my eyes on Steve's blog and will let you all know what is going on.

I am excited that the SBC is beginning to take notice of the emerging church. In many ways it is hard to get a monster as large as the Southern Baptist Conference to begin thinking in new ways; there is a lot of inertia to overcome. But the SBC is slowly starting to come around and there are a lot of wonderful, hard working, and dedicated people in the SBC and the resources they have to help bring God's kingdom to the unchurched are incredible.

4 comments:

Steve McCoy said...

It's McCoy, but thanks a lot Rick. Good to get to know you.

Rick said...

Sorry Steve. I'll fix the spelling. Thanks for the link.

Tally Wilgis said...

Hey Rick,
I just stumbled across your blog. Let us know how the A29 bootcamp goes. I'm a planter in Chesapeake, VA going for just over a year now. I'm excited to hear about your progress. Best wishes on the new work.

Satisfied in Him,
Tally

TallyWilgis.Blogspot.com

Rick said...

Tally, thanks for the comment. I am writing a post now on the A29 Bootcamp. It was incredible!