Monday, October 09, 2006

Working Out of a "Third Place"

It is a sign of the times to see people working from wherever they feel comfortable. With free wireless booming in our cities and suburbs the office has become wherever we are. USA Today has a great article on those people we see who aren't working from home, or the office, but from a "Third Place" such as Panera Bread Company. It says a lot about today's business culture and even more for our thirst for community.

I have tried working from home, working from the office, and an occasional day of working from a "Third Place". I really enjoy working from anywhere but the office, although I find I am a little more distracted from both home and in a public place. The office is still my most productive place.

The article is located here. Link.

1 comment:

Adam said...

woot! panera bread!