Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Great Sunday

I had a wonderful Sunday today. I am still on a business trip to New Jersey and I was a little homesick and missing my family. So, I thought I would make the best of it and drive a couple of hours south to join Adam and Kim Feldman and worship with them in their new church plant Metanoia in Ellicott City, Maryland, just outside of Baltimore. It was an anointed time and just what I needed. The music was passionate and the message was inspired. And the children playing were beautiful. They have created a great sense of community within the Metanoia family and in the local community. It was exactly what I needed this morning. Keep up the good work and God bless you both.

I took a long detour back to New Jersey and stopped by my family's old home in Dover, Delaware to take some pictures. Marilyn, Matthew, Bethany, and I lived there from 1991 through 1995. Matthew and Bethany were both born in Dover, and we loved living there for what seemed like a very short 4 years. We feel at home now in the St Louis area after living here for 11 years, but it took a long time to feel that way because we had a deep attachment to Dover as home. The last 11 years has been kind to Dover as the town has grown substantially, but it still has a small town feel and looks wonderful. We really miss the Easter egg hunts, 4th of July fireworks, and Christmas caroling at the Governor's House, the great beaches, and the warm people.

I still miss my own family terribly, but meeting the family at Metanoia and seeing our old town looking so good makes me feel a little bit better. Hopefully I'll make it back on Thanksgiving Eve and get to spend a long weekend at home.

1 comment:

Adam said...

we're glad you stopped by, rick! it was great to finally meet you and to worship with you. you're welcome anytime you're back on the east coast...

peace and coffee [diet coke?}...