Tuesday, May 15, 2007

America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66

I apologize for not being on Blogger lately. I have been between contracts at work for the last month (read out of work) and have been using the downtime to frantically work on my PhD Dissertation. I've made great progress. My Dissertation is titled A Consuming View: John Steinbeck’s Cognitive Landscape Created for The Grapes of Wrath. I using a geographical perspective to analyze the landscapes created by John Steinbeck which he uses to play out the scenes of The Grapes of Wrath. A large section of The Grapes of Wrath is devoted to describing the migration route along Highway 66 (Steinbeck's version of Route 66). So, I was excited when I came across this Google Map the other day. The Map is titled "America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66". It is a great resource put together by Jay Crim and Shekar Davarya. Here is a link to the Google Map that includes the map and the oral histories. Link.

Thanks guys.

No comments: