Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Blogging from Virginia

I am on the last of 3 trips in 6 weeks. I am tired of being gone from home, happy that my travels are over for a few months, and eager to make it home tomorrow. I spent this week in Norfolk, Virginia, which is one of my favorite towns. I attended the Air Force's Installation Mapping and Visualization Council meeting and visited Langley Air Force Base.

While I was at Langley I ran into one of my best friends from Korea, Marcy, and her husband Nate. I was so happy to see them and they were very good short-notice hosts. Marcy cooked us a very tasty dinner at their beautiful house on Monday night and we went out on Tuesday night to the Cheesecake Factory in Virginia Beach. Virginia Beach has really rebuilt the area since the last time I was here about 6 years ago. March and Nate are such a wonderful couple that walk deeply with the Lord. Thank you for the hospitality. You are both great reflections of Jesus.

3 comments:

Tally Wilgis said...

Missed ya! I'm here in the Hampton Roads area. I would have loved to meet a blogging friend. I don't know if you'll make it back out to our area (Norfolk, Va Beach, Chesapeake, etc) but if you do I'd love to meet up with ya. Take care!

Rick said...

Thanks for the comment Tally. I looked at your website before I left for Virginia and knew you were in the area, but knew I would be really strapped for time. I should be back in Hampton Roads later this summer and Norfolk again in December with a little more time on both trips. I promise to let you know when I'll be there and make every effort to get together with you. I look forward to meeting you also. To meet a fellow blogger who loves the Lord is too good of an opportunity to pass up!

Tally Wilgis said...

Cool. Lets make it happen. I'll look forward to it. Take care.