Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Help Has Arrived

Most of you are tired of hearing about how I am inundated right now with lots of things going on in my life. I know you are tired of hearing about my new full-time job, running the ministry (I have been doing a rotten job of running it lately to the point where I don't think I have lead it, but just run it), going to 5th grade basketball games, attending elementary school and middle school district band and solo contests (Matthew received a 1st in his French Horn solo and Bethany received a first in voice solo, flute solo, and flute duet), and trying to prepare myself emotioinally and spiritually for the possibility of planting a church, and working on my dissertation. I am not whining, but I am overwhelmed with great things happening right now.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a proposal for an Internship at the McKendree College Baptist Collegiate Ministry (The Gate) that I direct. This week I was notified that the funding proposal I submitted was approved. Andy Rains will be the first intern at The Gate. He will start as soon as possible. Andy is a great man of God who is one of the most dynamic students I have met. He will be tasked with turning The Gate's facility from a place to host our Wednesday and Thursday night Bible study to a place where college students enjoy hanging out. I have another proposal submitted that includes outreach money to remodel our building to make it more comfy and to set it up to host a monthly concert. So far, so good. Please pray for us and specifically for Andy as he becomes an even more important part of what we do.

No comments: