Thursday, March 10, 2005

Selected Highlights From Today's Proverb

Proverbs 10: Selected verses from one of my favorite Proverbs. Words in blue are mine.

12Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all transgressions.
Lord help me to be more loving to those I cross paths with

17He is on the path of life who heeds instruction, but he who ignores reproof goes astray.
Father, help me to seek, not despise, the constructive criticism of others

22It is the blessing of the LORD that makes rich, and He adds no sorrow to it.
Lord, help me to spend less time worrying about where my next meal comes from. I am so bad at it.

23Doing wickedness is like sport to a fool, and so is wisdom to a man of understanding.
Father, help me to practice being wise like I was preparing for a marathon

27The fear of the LORD prolongs life, but the years of the wicked will be shortened.
I want to fear the Lord like my life depends on it because it does!

29The way of the LORD is a stronghold to the upright, but ruin to the workers of iniquity.
Lord, help me to be a stumbling block to the wicked.

32The lips of the righteous bring forth what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked what is perverted.
Lord, my lips are your instrument.

No comments: