Thursday, March 11, 2004

Hockey, Thugs on Skates

Lets see how many people I can get upset with the title to this post. I enjoy watching hockey because I think the players are amazing athletes. But I hate the violence. Sometimes I think the game should have an "R" rating. What happened the other night in Vancouver will hopefully make the NHL understand that the game has gotten out of control. I grew up in Los Angeles where hockey is just the sport between the Lakers and the Dodgers, so I was never much of a hockey fan growing up. Living in St Louis now I have become more of a hockey fan, but still have never been to a NHL game. I don't want to get blood stains on my clothes. I will continue to boycott hockey games until the game is cleaned up and the athletes, not the bruisers, rule the game.

No comments: