Tuesday, March 16, 2004

What a Long Weekend

It was a real long weekend for us. Friday I completed my Spanish translation test at St Louis University. When I came home at lunch time we took Matthew to the doctor and didn't get home until around 4:00.

Saturday I met with Greg Alexander of the Illinois Baptist State Association and Chris Wright of Peoria in Springfield for lunch. We discussed church planting strategy. Greg bought lunch at the local Mexican restaurant and it was great. I had an awesome time of praise and worship with the Lord on the hour and a half drive to and from Springfield. In fact, when I got to Springfield I was a little bit hoarse! I'm sure that the other drivers thought I must be schizophrenic, but who knows? Maybe I am!

When I got home we had a basketball game for Bethany on Saturday afternoon. Her team did well and beat up on their rivals. Good job Bethany!

Sunday we surprized Marilyn's niece Amber at Ft Leonard Wood in mid- Missouri. She is about half way through Army basic training. We met her at the Pentecostal Chapel service at 8:45. It was a little more than a two and a half hour drive, so we left home at 5:30 in the morning. Amber was so happy to see us and we were pretty excited to see her. I have a couple of pictures here. Church lasted until around 10:00 and then we stopped for lunch on the way home. It was five and a half hours of driving to go to a one hour church service, but was worth it.

Then I came home and led the 7:30 Impact Worship Service at The Gate and didn't get home until 10:00 at night. I'm worn out and need a nice slow work week to mellow out!

No comments: