Wednesday, June 02, 2004

A Difficult Holiday Weekend

I was notified on Sunday afternoon that one of my college students that is part of the FBC O'Fallon College and Career group and the McKendree College Baptist Collegiate Ministry was killed in a car accident on Saturday morning. His name was Chad Calhoun.

Chad and I had a real good relatinship. We got to know each other over the last 6 months or so that he bacame involved in our ministry. He once attended our church and stopped going when his sister Andrea died of Cystic fibrosis a few years ago. The Calhoun family started coming bak to church aobut 6 months ago and that is when I met Chad. He was a great guy who loved the Lord and was beginning to get active in our collegiate family. I am really sad to see him go to be with the Lord. His parents have had it tough as they have had their kids go to be with the Lord at an early age. This is one of my biggest fears, that my children would be taken from me at an early age. Please keep the Calhoun family in your prayers. I will be keeping them in mine.

Funeral services for Chad are at FBC O'Fallon, 1111 E Hwy 50, O'Fallon, Illinois on Thursday, June 3 at 10:00am. I hope to see you there.

Rick

No comments: