Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Beautiful

A couple of weeks ago we had the privelidge of hosting Bethany Dillon in concert. It was so good! I was the totally impressed with her. She showed love with abandon and it came through her music. Here's one of the songs she did called Beautiful. It speaks of her love for God and what it means have God be the beauty in our lives. It was amazing to hear her:

I was so unique, now I feel skin deep,
Count on makeup to cover it all,
Cryng myself to sleep, because I cannot keep their attrention,
Thought I could be strong, but its killing me,
Does someone hear my cry, I'm dying for new life

I want to be beautiful, and make you stand in awe,
Look inside my heart, and be amazed,
I want to hear you say, who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love,
And beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me,
Fighting to make the mirror happy,
Trying to find whatever is missing,
Won't you help me back to glory,

You make me beautiful, You make me stand in awe,
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed,
I love to hear you say, who I am is quite enough,
You make me worthy of love,
And beautiful




This is a pitcure of Bethany from her album

Pretty incredible lyrics, even better voice and instruments. Hard to believe this was written and performed by a 16 year old! You've got to get her CD. She speaks to my heart every time I listen to it.

No comments: