Sunday, November 07, 2004

I Always Miss The Best Times

I received an E-Mail today from one of my students at the McKendree College Ministry that one of our Hindu friends from Nepal has come to know the Lord. He has been attending our ministry for about a month and a half and when I talked to him after our Wednesday night Bible study I felt he was very close to making a commitment to Christ. He has been tediously searching out the Word of God, spending time in prayer, and thinking out the cost of what it will mean to him to know the Lord. Anyhow, this week he chose life.

For any of you that have been praying for him, thank you so much. But, please don't stop now, continue to pray. He will face horrible persecution from his fellow Hindus at college and back home in Nepal. Pray that the Lord will fill him so much that they will see it is futile to presecute him. Pray that he can be a strong witness for the Lord to his friends and family and that rather than him coming to know the Lord being the end of your prayers that he will only be the tip of the iceberg to come. I truly sense that he will have a significant impact on his family and friends.

It has been a great week. Last Sunday another of the students led her roomate to the Lord. We have some incredible Christians at our ministry who are affecting everyone they come across. They are so bold in the faith that it excites me what the Lord is capable of doing on the McKendree Campus through them.

I am sorry to be on a business trip this week and sure would like to have been there when this happened. But, if it takes me leaving town for a few days to have students make commitments to the Lord then I am willing to live my life on the road!

Take care and God bless each of you.

1 comment:

Erin said...

So very cool!!

Thank you Lord for your mercy and goodness!!