Monday, January 17, 2005

Blogging From Louisiana

Well, on my quest of continuous business trips I made it to Shreveport, Louisiana, Bossier (pronounced Bozyer) City actually. Not a bad place. It is pretty and about 20 degrees warmer than back home in St Louis. Bossier City it is going to be sunny with high of 44 and a low of 27. It is a little colder here than I thought it would be. I didn't even bring sweat pants or a sweatshirt to exercise in! I spent some time at the local YMCA exercising yesterday. Back home in St Louis today it will be a high of 21 and a low of 5.

At least the Holiday Inn here has a fast, free internet connection in each room.

Whenever I'm on trips I normally try to attend Calvary Chapels, but there aren't any here, so yesterday I attended First Baptist of Bossier City. It is a huge church (8,000 members) that did a great job of integrating media, drama, music, preaching, and community into the service. The preaching was pretty traditional, and the rest of the service was well integrated. I learned a lot.

No comments: