Wednesday, January 26, 2005

It's Hard To Hit A Moving Target!

I spent 21 years serving my country in the US Air Force. I enjoyed most of my time there. I am very proud of my service in the Air Force. But, in the 2 years I have been retired from the military I have changed jobs 4 times. I am only running an average of 6 months per job, and I am very embarrassed about it. None of the changes are due to being fired, but are self initiated changes looking for the "right job".

I did it again. I start a new job on Monday with another company. The company is Science Applications International Corporation, also known as SAIC. They do lots of military related IT. I worked for SAIC for 5 months right after I retired and I would still be with them if not for a personality conflict between my boss and myself. Now I am taking a different job with them. They are a wonderful company to work for and it will be very challenging work. I will be the Program Manager for Air Mobility Command's Expeditionary GeoBase Program. This means that I will be in charge of coordinating information needs between AMC and all the airfields overseas that we fly to or think we will fly to in the near future. I have really enjoyed working for Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, but this new job is something I have trained for most of my life.

Anyhow, now one will ever accuse me of being part of the status quo, because I haven't stuck around long enough to qualify! Hopefully, this will be the right job, although in the back on my mind I know I will end up in full-time ministry and I only view whatever job I am in currently as filler time until the Lord tells me the time is right.

3 comments:

Andrew C. Bain said...

Hi Rick,

I don't call myself "reformed" but when Jesus Christ said “it is finished", I believe He meant it. In fact, anyone who says that the elect sinner has to meet a condition in order to be saved should take note of these biblical propositions:

1.The righteousness of God that is revealed in the gospel is His salvation of sinners based on the propitiatory sacrifice and imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ alone (Rms 3:21-4:8; 10:4; 2 Cor 5:21).

2.Those who are ignorant of the righteousness of God revealed in the gospel are going about to establish a righteousness of their own and are thus lost, no matter how zealous they are for God (Romans 10:1-3).

3.Anyone who does not abide in the doctrine of Christ is lost (2 Jn 9).

4.Anyone who speaks peace to one who brings a false gospel is lost (2 Jn 11)

Rick, I'd be interested to know what you think of our website.

OUTSIDE THE CAMP

Rick said...

Thanks Deb!

Erin said...

So how is it going so far?? :)

Is the first commenter for real??