Tuesday, January 04, 2005

My Goals for 2005

I don't make very many New Year's resolutions, but I do make a list of goals each year. Here is the list I've made for 2005. I'm posting them here for all to see because if I see them on a regular basis that will help keep me accountable to each of you and to myself, and if you see them you can help me be accountable. So, here goes:

My Goals for 2005:

1. Family: Develop deeper relationships with my wife and kids:

- Start a weekly family Bible study
- Marilyn: Have a night/lunch out with Marilyn at least twice per month
- Matthew: Go with Matthew to Student Life Camp. Support him better at Boy Scouts
- Bethany: Take Bethany to lunch monthly

2. Faith: Take the love of Christ to the unchurched:

- Find a compassion oriented organization for The Gate to partner with for student ministry projects
- Continue to direct The Gate student ministry
- Continue to pursue church planting directions. Become an ordained minister and an approved Acts 29 church planter this year

3. Physical: Take better care of my body:

- Average at least 10 minutes per day exercising. Be able to run the Scott Air Force Base running trail loop (6.5 miles) nonstop by August 1.
- Stop eating ice cream after 6:00pm. I can't go cold turkey on ice cream, but I can limit my intake.

4. Community: Foster relationships in the real world and in cyberspace:

- Average at least 1 blog entry per day.
- Continue developing a deeper relationship with the brothers and sisters in the Acts 29 network

5. Intellectual: Make a major push to complete my PhD:

- Complete my PhD dissertation by Christmas 2005



1 comment:

Erin said...

I look forward to daily doses of your insite :)