Wednesday, September 29, 2004

The Guest Speaker List Grows for AXIOM04

I posted earlier about the Illinois Baptist State Association Collegiate Conference called AXIOM04 that my collegiate group is hosting and I will be speaking at on October 8 and 9. The Lord is really beginning to fill out the program. Frist on Friday Night October 8 we will start with a concert by Bebo Norman, Bethany Dillon, and Jason Morant. Bebo is one of Christian music's big stars and Bethany Dillon and Jason Morant are two up and coming worship leaders that are the heir apparrents to David Crowder. Bebo and Bethany will be giving a concert and Jason will lead us the conference in worship after the concert is over. They are touring together and happened to have a concert cancel on them and were unexpectadly available when we asked. I've heard they're unbelievble. We're expecting 350-400 college students for the conference on Saturday and 1500 for the concert on Friday.

The concert is in the evening and just today I heard that George W. Bush will be speaking that afternoon in our church. What an incredible weekend we have lined up. The traffic will be horrible, but I am a Bush fan as are most of my students. God is working in our group and I am excited at what is going on.

Praise God for the work of His Spirit in our lives!

No comments: