Thursday, July 01, 2004

Wednesday Night Bible Study at the River Bend Calvary Chapel

I tried out the Wednesday Night Bible Study at the River Bend Calvary Chapel in East Alton, Illinois last night. We studied Luke Chapter 21. Most Calvary's use the New King James version, so I included it in the link. It was a small, very well led Bible Study and I had the opportunity to talk with Pastor Dan Johnson afterward. Dan seems like a very dedicted servant of God. The Bible Study was the Calvay Chapel standard of verse by verse, chapter by chapter through a book of the Bible. I find it very refreshing to hear the Bible explained without having to work it into a 3 point sermon. Anyhow, I met several nice people, heard the Bible explained in an understandable and unthreatening way, and shared a worship gathering with some brothers and sisters in the Lord that I hadn't met before last night. All in all it was a wonderful evening.

No comments: